Refund & Replacement Policy
- Refunds of online orders are made back the credit card that was used for the purchase.
- Refunds for orders made online are handled electronically, via our online refund system and may take 5 to 7 days to appear in your bank account.
- Refunds for orders made over the phone are handled via bank transfer, after you provide us with your bank details. The funds usually appear in your bank account after 24 hours.
Flora Joy Florist is registered as Gympie Farm Flowers, and is a locally owned and operated small business that cares about our customers. If our customers are happy with their flowers and products, then we’re happy! Flowers are in the best possible condition when they leave our shop and are delivered with flower care instructions attached.
To prolong flower life, unwrap your bouquet and all string, then re-cut the stems on a sharp angle before placing them in a vase half-full of fresh water. We also recommend that you refresh the water in your vase daily, as it is bacteria in the stem that fades flowers fast. Direct air-conditioning, fans, heat, fruit and bright light can also have an adverse effect on flowers, so it’s best to place them in a cool position away from direct sunlight and air-conditioning breezes, in a different room to fruit.
We make every effort to create floral arrangements as close as possible to the images on our website, however flowers are like fruit, in that different types come-on at different times of the year. Thus, like all (or most) florists, we reserve the right to make floral substitutions that provide you with equal or grater value.
By using this website, you acknowledge that every flower arrangement is unique; a one-of-a-kind.
Your flowers should last at least 3 – 7 days. Like fruit, different flowers "ripen" (fade) at different rates. When you remove flowers that fade first, the water will stay clean, allowing other blooms to stay fresh for longer.
If you are not happy with the quality of the flowers that you have either sent or received, please contact us with in 48 hours so we can rectify any errors or oversights that may have occurred.
If we are satisfied that the error is ours, we will resend replacement flowers at our expense. To assist us is assessing the flower quality, we require you to send us photos or images of the original flowers with in 48 hours of the delivery date. It is our policy to collect the original flowers when we provide the replacement (swap), so that we can improve our quality control by inspecting what's happened. Unfortunately, we cannot send replacement flowers if the original flowers are disposed of or no images are unavailable.
If, by mutual agreement, it is decided that replacing the flowers is not possible or appropriate, we will provide a full refund.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS FOR NON-PERISHABLE PRODUCTS
At Flora Joy, we want you to be as happy with your non-perishable products as you are with your flowers!
- Time frame: The return must be initiated within 7 days from the date of purchase.
- Condition: If returning an item due to a change of mind or an error not ours, the item must be brought into the shop in an unused, original condition with no marks or damage.
- Damaged or faulty items: If the product is damaged or faulty upon delivery, please inform us within 24 hours, and we will offer a replacement, if possible. If a replacement is not feasible, we can offer a store credit or a refund once the damaged or faulty item has been returned to our shop.
- Exception: If a delivery was left outside, we take photos of the good condition of products and where they were left. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure someone is there to receive products, so they go inside and be safe. We accept no responsibility for what happens to them when not safe inside a building.
- Disappointing Items: If you are disappointed with the quality of the item you purchased, please get in touch with us as soon as possible, so we can understand why. If the reason is something we accept responsibility for, we will offer you store credit or a full refund of the purchase price when the unwanted item is returned to our shop.
REFUNDS FOR ORDER CANCELLATIONS
Cancellations and refunds due change-of-mind or an error not ours will incur an administration fee of $10. This is to cover the nonproductive time we must spend in the office putting it through and communicating about it to the purchaser, etc.
A refund in the way of a store credit incurs no fees.
Cancellations and refunds, due to no error of ours, within 24 hours of the delivery or collection date will incur an administration fee of $10 + the cost of flowers or other fast-perishables, like fruit, that we have purchased or prepared especially for the order. We will refund "long-perishables" such as chocolates, honey, wine, tea, as well as non-perishables such as vases, books, linen and lotion. If we've written your message on a card you purchased, and if we've gift-wrapped a product for you, the cost of card and-or wrapping is not refundable.
REFUNDS FOR DELIVERY FAILURE DUE TO WEATHER
Should we be unable to deliver your flowers and gifts due to to extreme or dangerous weather events, etc, we will refund you as per the guidelines for order cancellation within 24 hours, as explained above. However, in the case of it being the weather's fault, the $10 administration fee is not applicable.
Should we be unable to fulfill an order for the future due to circumstances out of our control, we will refund you for goods not provided.
By completing an online order, you are consenting to be bound by these terms and conditions as contained on this page, appearing in plain view on the footer of our website pages.